Typewriter Day: June 23, 2012
Typewriter Day 2012 is this Saturday. Last year we had a trans-global virtual type-in with video and noise and suitable amounts of goggling at some members' superior finger-speed.
This appears to be the year of the occupier, so how about something a little more insurrectionist (within the bounds of civility, that is)? What would be a suitable radical activity/celebration for the 'sphere this year?
- Leave a copy of the Typewriter Insurgency Manifesto rolled into the platen of a plastic electronic wedge at your local thrift mart
- Strap a portable to a bike and try a little mobile art, a la Type Rider Maya Stein
- Stage a little poetry in the park
- Type on a train
- Peck out a postcard
- Send something personal back to junk mailers
* To be totally honest, I might have come this close to forgetting.